Trü Orthodontics provides interceptive orthodontics in Burke and Fairfax, Virginia, to diagnose and treat developing problems as quickly as possible. Also known as preventive orthodontics, this type of orthodontic treatment ensures that your child can grow and develop properly to enjoy good oral health and function.
While your child’s teeth may appear straight, some dental problems can only be diagnosed and treated by trained professionals. These problems include:
- TMJ disorders and jaw misalignment
- Airway problems
- Speech production problems
- Harmful oral habits (finger sucking, tongue thrusting, etc.)
- Trauma from protruding teeth
While the American Association of Orthodontists® recommends that children have their first orthodontic screening by age 7, many orthodontists recommend bringing your child for their initial screening earlier so that they can receive any care they need as early as possible.
Our orthodontists may recommend interceptive orthodontics to:
- Guide your child’s teeth and jaws into their proper positions
- Reduce the need for treatment in the future
- Ensure that future treatments are shorter and less complex
- Produce better long-term results for your child’s smile
For more information about interceptive orthodontics in Burke and Fairfax, Virginia, and to schedule an appointment with Dr. Sherif Elhady, Dr. Zahra Hassantash or Dr. Davina Bailey, please call us today at 703-440-0100.